Certified SC Grown Recipe of the Week – Cranberry Orange Bread
December 29, 2016
- *1 ½ cups Adluh® Self-rising Flour
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup Orange Juice
- ¼ tsp. Orange Peel, grated
- 1/3 cup Margarine
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup Walnuts, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- Beat egg, orange juice, orange peel, and margarine.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in dried cranberries and chopped nuts.
- Pour into a loaf pan and bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
Ag Fact: Adluh Flour Mills produces flour and cornmeal products. In 1942 there were 42 operating mills located in South Carolina. Today only one of these remains-Adluh Flour Mills in Columbia
*is a Certified SC ingredient