Certified SC Recipe of the Week – Kale and Bacon Quiche
December 29, 2016
- 1 Dough for single-crust pie
- 4 oz. grated mozzarella cheese
- *1 cup Certified SC Grown kale
- *4 slices Carolina Pride® bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup half-and-half
- ½ tsp. dry mustard
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 ° and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Roll out the dough and lay in into a pie pan, crimping for trimming the edges all around. Set the pie pan on the baking sheet.
- Scatter the grated cheese on the bottom of the unbaked pie crust, then top with the cooked kale and bacon.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, half-and-half, dry mustard, salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the contents of the pie crust.
- Bake the quiche for about 50 minutes, until the filling is set and the top of the quiche is light brown.
Ag Fact: Kale belongs to the same family as cabbage, Brussels sprouts, and collards.
*is a Certified SC ingredient