Certified SC Recipe of the Week – Bacon Jalapeno Deviled Eggs
January 13, 2017
- 12 large eggs, hard boiled and peeled
- *1 cup of Dukes® Mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tsp rice vinegar
- ¾ tsp ground mustard
- ½ tsp sugar
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
- *6 pieces of Carolina Pride® bacon, cooked, crisp, and crumbled
- Paprika, for garnish
- Slice the hard boiled eggs in half, lengthwise.
- Remove the yolks and put them in a mixing bowl.
- Mash the egg yolks with a fork.
- Add the mayonnaise, rice vinegar, ground mustard, and sugar to the mashed egg yolks and stir until well combined.
- Mix in the jalapenos and bacon.
- Put the mixture in a Ziploc bag and cut a small hole in the corner of the bag.
- Fill each egg hole with the mixture
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Ag Fact: The average person consumed one-and-a-half dozen eggs at Easter in 2016. South Carolina averages producing 68 ½ million dozen eggs from an average of 5.5 million layers.
*is a Certified SC ingredient