Certified SC Recipe of the Week – Peanut Butter Cookies
- ½ cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- *1 ¾ cups Adluh® all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a large bowl, combine the peanut butter, butter, sugar, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla; beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- In another bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir into butter mixture until well-blended.
- Shape dough balls into 1-inch balls. Place 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Gently flatten each ball with a fork in a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
Ag Fact: March is National Peanut Month. South Carolina grows primarily Runner and Virginia peanuts. Runners are most commonly used for peanut butter. It takes about 540 peanuts to make a 12-ounce jar of peanut butter.
*is a Certified SC ingredient