Certified SC Recipe of the Week – Southern Coleslaw
January 13, 2017
- *8 cups of Certified SC Grown Cabbage, shredded or chopped
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- *½ cup Dukes® Mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar
- Shred the cabbage and carrots and toss in a bowl together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, milk, white vinegar, and sugar until blended.
- Stir in the cabbage mixture until well coated.
- Chill for at least one hour before serving.
Ag Fact: Selecting cabbage tips: Look for heads that are solid and heavy for their size. The leaves should be crisp, compact and bright in color. Avoid any with brown spots or yellow leaves.
*is a Certified SC ingredient