Certified SC Recipe of the Week – Strawberry Pie
January 13, 2017
- 1 refrigerated Pie Crust
- *2 cups of sliced Certified SC Grown Strawberries
- 2 ½ Tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 ¼ cup sugar
- 1 ½ cup water
- 1 box Strawberry Gelatin (like Jell-O)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place pie crust in a pie pan and crimp edge. Use a fork to poke holes in the bottom. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until edges are browned. Allow to cook.
- Layer bottom with sliced strawberries.
- Stir together water, sugar, and cornstarch and bring to a boil. Simmer, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Remove from heat, add Jell-O and stir until dissolved.
- Pour mixture over strawberries. Refrigerate until set.
Ag Fact: Strawberries are the first fruit to ripen in spring. To a find a local u-pick farm, visit scfarmfun.org.
*is a Certified SC ingredient