Certified SC Recipe of the Week – Strawberry Salsa
January 13, 2017
- *1 pint Certified SC Grown strawberries, hulled and finely diced
- 1 jalapeno, stem and seeds removed, finely diced
- Half of a small red onion, peeled and finely diced (about ½ cup)
- 1 lime, about 2 tablespoons of juice
- Pinch of salt and black pepper
- Toss all ingredients together until combined. Season with extra salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Ag Fact: Strawberries are the only fruit that wear their seeds on the outside. Get out and pick your own strawberries this spring. Find local U-pick operations at scfarmfun.org.
*is a Certified SC ingredient