CERTIFIED SC RECIPE OF THE WEEK – Butter Bean Mash with Garlic, Rosemary, and Chives
June 5, 2017
- 1 can Margaret Holmes® butter beans (400 g)*
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 4 garlic cloves
- 4 tbsp chopped chives
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Drain the beans and rinse under cold water.
- In a pan, add the olive oil and heat it up on a low to medium heat.
- Use a garlic presser to mash the garlic, and add it to the pan together with 1 sprig of rosemary and tomato purée.
- Stir for a few seconds, then in go the beans and continue to stir for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the rosemary sprig, season the beans with salt and pepper.
- Blitz everything in a food processor until you get a smooth paste.
- Add the finely chopped chives, l prefer not to mash them, they give a nice texture if left chopped.
- Transfer to a bowl and decorate with rosemary.
- Serve chilled from the fridge.
Ag Fact: Butter beans provide a great source of fiber and protein & eating them is a great way to lower cholesterol
*is a Certified SC ingredient