CERTIFIED SC RECIPE OF THE WEEK – PEACH SALSA
August 1, 2017
- 4 CERTIFIED SC GROWN PEACHES, PEELED AND CHOPPED*
- 1 CUP CHOPPED GREEN ONIONS
- ½ TEASPOON CRUSHED RED PEPPER FLAKES
- ½ TEASPOON SALT
- ¼ TEASPOON WHITE PEPPER
- 2 TABLESPOONS CHOPPED FRESH CILANTRO
- 2 TABLESPOONS LIME JUICE
- ¼ CUP FINELY CHOPPED YELLOW BELL PEPPER
- ¼ CUP FINELY CHOPPED ORANGE BELL PEPPER
- In chilled non-metal bowl, gently stir together all ingredients and cover.
- Refrigerate before serving.
Ag Fact: The term, “you’re a real peach” originated from the tradition of giving a peach to the friend you liked.