CERTIFIED SC RECIPE OF THE WEEK – Southern Peanut Pie
August 1, 2017
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups dark corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups chopped roasted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Beat eggs with an electric mixer until foamy.
- Add sugar, syrup, butter, salt and vanilla and continue to beat until thoroughly blended.
- Stir in Peanuts.
- Pour mixture into an unbaked 9 inch deep dish pie shell and bake for 50 to 55 minutes.
Ag Fact: Two peanut farmers have been elected president of the USA – Thomas Jefferson and Jimmy Carter.
*is a Certified SC ingredient