CERTIFIED SC RECIPE OF THE WEEK – Stuffed Jalapeno Peppers
August 17, 2017
- 1 (16 oz.) jar whole jalapeño peppers, drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 lb. Ground Carolina Pride® Pork Sausage
- 2 (10 oz.) cans refrigerated biscuit dough
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Slice jalapeños lengthwise to remove seeds.
- Stuff jalapeños with cheddar cheese.
- Divide ground Carolina Pride® pork sausage into small balls. Press the sausage balls into thin strips.
- Place one stuffed jalapeño onto each strip of sausage. Roll the jalapeños in the sausage, pressing firmly. Arrange wrapped jalapeños on a medium baking sheet.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes in the preheated oven, until sausage is evenly brown.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool approximately 10 minutes.
- Arrange refrigerated biscuit dough on a medium baking sheet.
- Wrap one Carolina Pride® sausage and jalapeño roll in each piece of dough.
- Bake in preheated oven 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
Nationwide, more than 60,000 pork producers annually market more than 115 million hogs.