CERTIFIED SC RECIPE OF THE WEEK – Baked Cinnamon Apple Chips
October 31, 2017
- 3 Certified SC Grown Apples
- Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 200° and line two large baking sheet with silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Wash and thinly slice the apples. Spread the apple slices onto the baking pans and make 1 single layer.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake for 1 hour, flip the apples over, and bake for another 1-1.5 hours. Turn off the oven and keep the apples inside as the oven cools down for 1 hour. This will help then get crunchy.
- Store apple chips at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Ag Fact: Oconee County is the largest apple-producing county in South Carolina.