CERTIFIED SC RECIPE OF THE WEEK – Pecan Pie
October 31, 2017
- 1 3/4 cups white sugar
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups Certified SC Grown chopped pecans
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shell
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup, butter, water, and cornstarch. Bring to a full boil, and remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until frothy. Gradually beat in cooked syrup mixture. Stir in salt, vanilla, and pecans. Pour into pie shell.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until filling is set.
Pecan trees are native to North America and over 80% of the world’s pecan crop comes from the United States.