CERTIFIED SC RECIPE OF THE WEEK – White Bean and Kale Hummus
December 29, 2017
- ½ cup great northern beans
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/16 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon salt-free Italian herb seasoning
- 1 cup Certified SC Grown Kale
- In a blender or food processor, puree beans with olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, black pepper, and sea salt until smooth.
- Stir in Italian herb seasoning and kale.
- Serve with pita chips and sliced veggies.
- Best if refrigerated for 20 minutes before serving.
Ag Fact: Kale belongs to the same family as cabbage, Brussels sprouts, and collards.