CERTIFIED SC RECIPE OF THE WEEK – Feta and Kale Dip
January 25, 2018
- 1 cup gently packed torn Certified SC Grown kale leaves
- 1/2 pound feta cheese
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil.
- Add the kale and cook for 10 to 15 seconds, just until it is bright green and wilted.
- Immediately drain and rinse under cold water until cool. Gently squeeze the kale dry and transfer it to a food processor.
- Add the feta, yogurt, olive oil, oregano, and lemon juice and pulse until smooth and creamy. If the dip seems too thick, add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water.
Ag Fact: Kale belongs to the same family as cabbage, Brussels sprouts, and collards.