CERTIFIED SC RECIPE OF THE WEEK – Thai Peanut Chicken Crunch Slaw
February 28, 2018
- 2 c. coleslaw mix
- 2 c. broccoli slaw
- 1 c. matchstick carrots
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ c. cilantro, chopped
- 1½ c. rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 2 cucumbers, seeded & chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ c. chopped peanuts
- ¾ c. milk
- ½ c. peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- ¼ c. fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and puree for 60 seconds or until smooth. Store refrigerated for up to one week.
- Toss all of the vegetables and chicken in a large bowl. Toss with the Thai Peanut Sauce & lime juice until everything is well coated. Top with peanuts and serve immediately.
Ag Fact: Did you know March is National Peanut Month? Peanuts are one of South Carolina’s top ten commodities bringing in around $112 million in cash receipts.