CERTIFIED SC RECIPE OF THE WEEK – Blueberry Smoothie
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 – 6oz vanilla Greek yogurt (1 individual-sized container)
- 1/2 cup Certified SC Grown blueberries
- 1/2 frozen banana (or a whole banana if you like your smoothies sweeter)
- 1/4 cup raw, uncooked oats
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- Add ingredients to blender in the order listed above then blend until very smooth, about 2 minutes.
Ag Fact: There are two types of blueberries, highbush and lowbush. Highbush blueberries are the types you commonly find at grocery stores and farmers markets. Lowbush blueberries are smaller, sweeter blueberries often used for processing into juices, jams, blueberry muffin mixes and so on.