CERTIFIED SC RECIPE OF THE WEEK – CUCUMBER GREEK SALAD
- 2 Certified SC grown cucumbers, peeled and chopped into ¼ moons
- 4-6 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- ½ of a red onion, sliced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1½ Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Black olives, pitted and sliced (to taste)
- In a large bowl, combine cucumbers, tomatoes, and onions.
- In a smaller bowl, mix the olive oil, lemon juice, and dried oregano. Pour over the vegetables and mix well. Season salad with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle feta cheese and olives over the top of salad and mix. Taste and adjust spices if need be. Refrigerate until ready to eat. Enjoy!
Ag Fact: The term “cool as a cucumber” is actually derived from the cucumber’s ability to cool the temperature of blood. When applied topically, cucumber really does cool the blood and eases facial swelling, which is why cucumbers are so popular in facial regimens.