CERTIFIED SC RECIPE OF THE WEEK – FRESH PEA HUMMUS
April 23, 2018
- 1 cup Certified SC grown peas, shelled
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 8 tsp ground cumin
- Bring a small pot of salted water to a boil. Add peas; cook until tender, about 2 minutes. Drain and run under cold water.
- In a food processor, pulse peas, cilantro, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, and cumin, about 30-40 seconds. Season with salt.
- Serve with fresh veggies and pita chips.
Ag Fact: While shopping for green peas, look for fresh pods that are full, heavy in hands, and brimming with seeds. Avoid those with wrinkled surface, or over matured, yellow color seed pods.