CERTIFIED SC RECIPE OF THE WEEK – KALE AND CHEDDAR BREAKFAST CUPS
April 23, 2018
- 5 eggs
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1 cup chopped Certified SC grown kale
- 3 oz. shredded cheddar, reserve a few pinches to sprinkle on top of the breakfast cups
- In a mixing bowl whisk the eggs with salt and pepper.
- Add kale and cheddar to the eggs.
- Use a spoon and mix together the ingredients.
- Spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spoon mixture equally into 6 muffin cavities.
- Sprinkle extra shredded cheese on top of the cups if desired.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 400 F.
Ag Fact: After a frost, Kale becomes sweeter.