CERTIFIED SC RECIPE OF THE WEEK – FRESH PEA HUMMUS
May 25, 2018
- 1 cup Certified SC grown peas, shelled
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 8 tsp ground cumin
- Bring a small pot of salted water to a boil. Add peas; cook until tender, about 2 minutes. Drain and run under cold water.
- In a food processor, pulse peas, cilantro, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, and cumin, about 30-40 seconds. Season with salt.
- Serve with fresh veggies and pita chips.
Ag Fact: Peas are low fat but high everything else. A cup of peas has less than 100 calories but lots of protein, fiber and micro-nutrients.