Certified SC Recipe of the Week – Fish Tacos with Cantaloupe-Pineapple Salsa
For the salsa
1 1/2 cup Certified SC diced cantaloupe
1 cup diced pineapple
1/4 cup diced red onion
1 spicy red pepper, seeded and finely diced
2 large jalapenos, seeded and finely diced
Small handful of cilantro, chopped
Juice of 1/2 lime
Pinch of salt
For the tacos:
1 lb white fish
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp Ancho chile powder
6 fajita-sized tortillas
Shredded red cabbage
- Stir all the salsa ingredients together, cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Heat your grill to high.
- Brush the oil over both sides of the fish.
- Squeeze the lime over the fish.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, and chile powder over both sides of the fish.
- Cook ~4-5 minutes on each side, until the fish easily flakes and the center is opaque.
- Cut the fish into smaller pieces with a fork.
- Assemble the tacos: place the fish onto each tortilla, followed by a generous scoop of salsa and a handful of red cabbage.