CERTIFIED SOUTH CAROLINA RECIPE OF THE WEEK – FOOTBALL DEVILED EGGS
July 27, 2018
- 6 hard boiled Certified SC eggs
- 1/4 cup Certified SC Duke’s mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pinch of pepper
- green onions
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let stand for about 15 minutes. Pour off the hot water and rapidly cool eggs by running them under cold water (or place in ice water) until completely cooled. Peel the eggs and cut them in half, and place the yolks in a bowl. Reserve the whites on a serving tray.
- Mix the mayonnaise, dried mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper into the yolks. Spoon about 1 tablespoon into each egg white half. Add thinly sliced green onion to resemble the stitching on a football. Refrigerate until serving.