CERTIFIED SC RECIPE OF THE WEEK: MASHED SWEET POTATOES
October 30, 2018
- 2 ½ pounds Certified SC sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2 inch cubes
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- ¼ cup Certified SC heavy cream
- 1 tsp salt, or more to taste
- Bring a pot of water to a boil then add the sweet potatoes to the pot. Cook the sweet potatoes until they’re fork tender.
- Carefully drain the sweet potatoes then place them in a large bowl. Using a potato ricer, a potato masher, or just a fork, mash the potatoes to your desired consistency. If you want more texture, you’ll likely want to use the potato masher and fork (like I did).
- Stir in the butter, half-and-half, and salt.
- Serve warm.