CERTIFIED SC RECIPE OF THE WEEK: CANDIED PECANS
November 27, 2018
- 4 cups (1 pound) pecan halves
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) water
- 1 cup (200 grams) granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add the pecans to a large mixing bowl. Add the egg white and water to a separate bowl and whisk together until well combined. Pour the egg white mixture onto the pecans and stir until all of the pecans are fully coated.
- In another bowl, whisk together the sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Pour the cinnamon sugar mixture over the pecans and stir until all of the pecans are fully coated.
- Spread the pecans onto the prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Bake at 300°F for 45 minutes, stirring the pecans every 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely on the baking sheet.