CERTIFIED SC RECIPE OF THE WEEK: SAUTÉED COLLARD GREENS AND GARLIC
November 27, 2018
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 3 bunches collard greens, stems discarded and leaves cut into 1-inch strips
- 1/2 cup olive oil 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the collard greens in batches and cook until just tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drain the greens in a colander and rinse under cold water to cool; squeeze to remove any excess water.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the greens, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper.
- Cook, tossing often, until wilted and tender, 3 to 4 minutes.