CERTIFIED SC RECIPE OF THE WEEK: KALE CHIPS
January 4, 2019
- 1 bunch Certified SC kale
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 275°F.
- Fill a large bowl with water and add kale. Swish around to remove any dirt; drain. Dry thoroughly using a salad spinner or a clean kitchen towel.
- Tear the kale leaves into 1” – 2” pieces, discarding the ribs, and place in a large bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil and toss with your hands until evenly coated.
- Arrange the leaves in a single layer (with NO overlap) on ungreased cookie sheets. Rub each leaf gently between your fingers as you work to ensure each is covered in oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until leaves are crispy.