CERTIFIED SC RECIPE OF THE WEEK: PECAN CRUSTED CHICKEN
January 4, 2019
- 1 cup toasted Certified SC pecans
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh Certified SC basil (can use dried but reduce to 1 teaspoon)
- ¼ cup honey mustard
- 4 boneless and skinless Certified SC chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup Sallie’s Greatest Peach + Mint Jam
- 1/3 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- 1 bag of mixed greens
- ½ cup whole Certified SC pecans
- ½ cup sliced sweet onions
- Salt & pepper
- Mix Sallie’s Greatest Peach + Mint Jam, Apple Cider vinegar and olive oil in a mason jar.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Shake vigorously to combine.
For the chicken:
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grind the toasted pecans in a food processor into fine crumbs.
- Put in a bowl and stir in bread crumbs and basil.
- Rub each chicken breast honey mustard then coat with the pecan mixture.
- Place on a nonstick baking dish or line dish with tinfoil.
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes depending on size of the chicken.
- Place the mixed greens on a plate, add onions and pecans, then place the baked chicken breast on top.
- Drizzle with the Peach + Mint Vinaigrette