CERTIFIED SC RECIPE OF THE WEEK: KALE SUPER SALAD
February 4, 2019
- 5 shallots
- 1 1/2 cups chopped dried cranberries
- 1 whole Certified SC lemon, juice and zested
- 1 tablespoon Certified SC honey
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 cups Certified SC kale chopped
- 24 Brussel sprouts thinly sliced/shredded
- 1 1/2 cups bacon bites I used fresh bacon, cook and roughly chopped
- 3 small heads of broccoli finely chopped
- 1 pomegranate you will want just to use all of the seeds inside
- 1 cup pistachios
- 3 apples, chopped
- 8 ounces crumbled Certified SC goat cheese
- Over medium high heat, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large saute pan.
- Add finely sliced shallots and cook for at least 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add garlic and saute for 2-3 minute.
- Then add chopped cranberries, red wine vinegar, honey, remaining tablespoon of olive oil and lemon juice and zest, and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat, set aside until you are ready to combine salad.
- In a large salad bowl add kale, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, pomegranate seeds, apples, pistachios and bacon. Toss to combine.
- Add dressing and goat cheese and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately or set in the refrigerator until ready to serve.