CERTIFIED SC RECIPE OF THE WEEK: RADISH AND GOAT CHEESE MUFFINS
February 4, 2019
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled, divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 large Certified SC eggs, beaten
- 1 1/4 cups Certified SC buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons Certified SC honey
- 1 medium bunch Certified SC radishes (about 2 cups), stems removed and julienned, divided
- 4 ounces Certified SC goat cheese, crumbled
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Grease or line a 12-cup muffin tin with baking papers.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and garlic powder.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the eggs, buttermilk, 5 tablespoons of cooled butter, and honey.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring until just combined.
- Fold in all but 2 tablespoons or so of the radishes and the goat cheese.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full.
- Top each muffin with a few pieces of reserved radish, fresh-ground black pepper, and a spoonful of the remaining melted butter.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until tops just begin to brown, and a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Serve and enjoy.