Certified SC Recipe of the Week: Sautéed Kale with Bacon and Garlic
March 5, 2019
- 3-4 Bacon strips
- 3 Garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 2 packs of SC Certified (5 oz each) Baby Kale
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- In a wok or a large skillet, cook the bacon until it has rendered its fat and has turned crispy. Break the bacon into bits. Set aside.
- Pour out the bacon grease from the pan but leave about 3 tablespoons for cooking. Saute the garlic cloves briefly until aromatic.
- Add the kale leaves, stir and cook until wilted. This doesn’t take very long perhaps about 3-4 minutes depending on how tender you want the kale to be. Season with salt and pepper. If you fancy some Asian seasoning instead, replace the salt and pepper with soy sauce or oyster sauce, to taste (about 2-3 teaspoons).
- Transfer to a serving plate and garnish with the bacon bits. Enjoy immediately.