CERTIFIED SC RECIPE OF THE WEEK: STRAWBERRY APPLESAUCE
March 5, 2019
- About 6-7 cups peeled, cored and sliced apples
- 1 pound container Certified SC strawberries, stems removed
- ½ cup water
- Sugar to taste (raw, white, or brown)
- Add the apples and strawberries to a 5-quart or larger slow cooker. Add the water.
- Cover, and cook on HIGH for 4 hours.
- Add cooked apples and strawberries to a blender, cover and pulse just a few times until smooth but not pulverized.
- Stir in the sugar to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!