CERTIFIED SC RECIPE OF THE WEEK: MASHED CAULIFLOWER
April 8, 2019
- 1 Certified SC cauliflower, chopped into small pieces
- 1.5 tbsp butter
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon reduced fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the cauliflower and cook for 6-8 minutes until tender.
- Drain and use a dish towel or paper towels to pat the cauliflower dry. This will ensure the mash is fluffy and thick.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, melt the butter in a small sauce pan. Add the garlic and cook for 2-4 minutes until very fragrant and tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the cauliflower, garlic butter, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper to a food processor or blender. Puree until smooth and fluffy.