CERTIFIED SC RECIPE OF THE WEEK: SKILLET BEEF AND BROCCOLI
April 8, 2019
- 1 lb SC Certified boneless beef sirloin steak, very thinly sliced
- 4 cups of Certified SC broccoli florets
- 2 SC Certified cups thinly sliced onion
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup beef flavored broth
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- In 12-inch skillet, heat 3 tablespoons of the oil over medium-high heat.
- Cook beef in oil in batches, 1 to 3 minutes per side, until cooked through.
- Using tongs, transfer to plate.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil to skillet; add broccoli and onion and cook 3 to 5 minutes over medium-high heat, until vegetables soften.
- Add broth, brown sugar, chili garlic sauce and ginger to skillet; heat to simmering.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, beat soy sauce and cornstarch with fork.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and beef into mixture in skillet.
- Return to simmering, and cook 30 to 60 seconds longer or until mixture thickens.
- Serve over rice.