CERTIFIED SC RECIPE OF THE WEEK: BLUEBERRY LEMON BREAD
May 6, 2019
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 4 Certified SC eggs
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 6 ounces fresh Certified SC blueberries
- Move an oven rack to the middle position and preheat oven to 350°F
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and coat with nonstick cooking spray
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, yogurt, eggs, zest, and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients in 3 batches, whisking to incorporate after each addition. Fold in oil and stir carefully until uniformly combined. Fold in the blueberries and stir until just incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 1 hour until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Using a sharp knife, slice around the inside of the loaf pan to loosen the cake and flip out onto a wire rack set over a baking sheet. Cool the cake completely.