CERTIFIED SC RECIPE OF THE WEEK: BALSAMIC PEACH CHICKEN
May 9, 2019
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion , sliced (about 3/4 cup)
- 4 (5 oz) Certified SC boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Certified SC honey
- 2 cups sliced firm but ripe Certified SC peaches (about 2 medium)
- 1 (14.5) oz can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced basil ribbons
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and sauté 3 minutes then push far to the side.
- Add chicken, season with salt and pepper and cook until golden, about 2 1/2 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken from skillet and transfer to a plate, while leaving oil and onions in skillet (if you don’t have much oil left you can add another 1/2 Tbsp).
- Add garlic to skillet and sauté 20 seconds
- Add balsamic vinegar and cook and stir until reduced by half, about 1 minute.
- Stir in honey then add in peaches and tomatoes and toss, season lightly with salt and pepper.