CERTIFIED SC RECIPE OF THE WEEK: GRILLED FISH TACOS WITH CANTALOUPE-PINEAPPLE SALSA
May 31, 2019
For the salsa
- 1 1/2 cup diced Certified SC cantaloupe
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 spicy red pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 2 large jalapenos, seeded and finely diced
- Small handful of Certified SC cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Pinch of salt
For the tacos:
- 1 lb Certified SC white fish
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 lime
- 1/2 tsp Ancho chile powder
- 6 fajita-sized tortillas
- Shredded red cabbage
- Stir all the salsa ingredients together, cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Heat the grill to high.
- Brush the oil over both sides of the fish.
- Squeeze the lime over the fish.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, and chile powder over both sides of the fish.
- Cook ~4-5 minutes on each side, until the fish easily flakes and the center is opaque.
- Cut the fish into smaller pieces with a fork.
- Assemble the tacos: place the fish onto each tortilla, followed by a generous scoop of salsa and a handful of red cabbage