CERTIFIED SC RECIPE OF THE WEEK: GRILLED RATATOUILLE PASTA SALAD
May 31, 2019
- 1/2 pound pasta
- 1 medium Certified SC zucchini cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 1 small eggplant cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 large Certified SC tomatoes cut into quarters
- 4 cloves garlic
- Olive oil for brushing the vegetables
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil and balsamic vinegar for drizzling over the salad
- 1/4 cup chopped Certified SC fresh basil
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil, cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain the pasta and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Heat a grill to medium-high heat. Lightly brush vegetables with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the vegetables and garlic cloves on a grill pan or in a grill basket. Grill until vegetables are browned and tender.
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature. Finely chop the garlic cloves.
- Add grilled vegetables and garlic to the cooked pasta.
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Stir and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Sprinkle with basil. Serve at room temperature or chilled.