CERTIFIED SC RECIPE OF THE WEEK: WATERMELON AGUA FRESCA
August 23, 2019
- 4 cups of Certified SC watermelon cubed
- 2 cups of water
- 1/2 cup of sugar more or less to taste
- 4 cups of ice
- Cut the watermelon in cubes. Pop them in a food processor, or blender and pulse until it’s liquid. Now strain the watermelon juice through a fine mesh sieve. Use the back of a spoon to press the watermelon down to get all the juice out.
- Transfer the watermelon puree to a large pitcher.
- Add water and sugar, then mix until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the ice and give it a mix.