CERTIFIED SC RECIPE OF THE WEEK: SPICY SALSA
August 30, 2019
- 2 whole Certified SC tomatoes
- 10 Certified SC tomatoes, diced
- 20 ounces of green chilies
- ¼cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cupCertified SC cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 1/2Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼teaspoon kosher Salt
- Pinchof sugar, optional
- 2 jalapenos
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor. Pulse a few times until you get a nice consistency.
- Taste, and add more spice as needed.
- Refrigerate salsa for at least an hour before serving to help marinate the flavors.
- Serve with tortilla chips