CERTIFIED SC RECIPE OF THE WEEK: BARBECUED PEANUTS
September 11, 2019
Yield: about 3 cups
- ⅓ cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ – ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 16 ounces dry roasted Certified SC peanuts
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease a large baking sheet and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, butter, garlic powder and cayenne pepper. Add the peanuts and stir well, coating the peanuts evenly with the mixture.
- Transfer the peanuts to the baking sheet and arrange peanuts in a single layer. (A good jiggle usually does the trick!)
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- After the bake time, spread the peanuts evenly on waxed paper to cool. Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.