CERTIFIED SC RECIPE OF THE WEEK: CUCUMBER LEMONADE
October 2, 2019
- 1 pound Certified SC cucumbers, peeled if waxy, chopped
- 1/2 cup of sliced Certified SC cucumbers reserved for garnish
- 2 cups fresh squeezed lemon juice (about 15 lemons)
- 8 cups water, divided
- 2/3 cup raw Certified SC honey
- 12 ice cubes
- Place chopped cucumbers in the blender with 1 to 2 cups of the water.
- Strain through a fine mesh sieve into a bowl or into the pitcher, pressing with the back of a ladle to get all of the juice through the sieve. Discard pulp.
- Add ice on top of cucumber.
- Heat 1-1/2 cups of the water on a stove top over high heat until steaming, but not boiling. Remove from heat and whisk in honey until dissolved.
- Pour honey mixture, lemon, and water over ice and cucumber.
- Stir well to combine.