CERTIFIED SC RECIPE OF THE WEEK: LEMON GARLIC BROCCOLI
October 2, 2019
- 5 cups raw Certified SC broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped Certified SC garlic
- 1 ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- rounded ¼ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Bring 1 to 2 inches of water to a boil in a large saucepan fitted with a steamer attachment. Add broccoli, cover and steam until crisp tender, 3 ½ to 4 1/2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil and garlic in a medium skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Cook until the garlic is fragrant and just starting to brown, 30 to 90 seconds.
- Scrape garlic mixture into a large bowl.
- Immediately add lemon juice.
- Add lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- Stir broccoli into the lemon mixture and stir to coat.
- Serve hot.