CERTIFIED SC RECIPE OF THE WEEK: CHOCOLATE CHIP PECAN COOKIES
January 7, 2020
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Certified SC eggs
- 2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup Certified SC chopped pecans
- Cream butter and sugars together until combined.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Combine flour, salt, and baking soda in a separate bowl and gradually stir into butter/sugar mixture.
- Once combined, stir in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Spoon dough onto ungreased cookie sheet (or one lined with a Silpat mat or parchment paper) in 1 tablespoon amounts.
- Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden brown.