CERTIFIED SC RECIPE OF THE WEEK: MUSHROOM BURGER
January 7, 2020
- 6 ounces Certified SC ground beef
- Pinch of salt
- 1 pound Certified SC mushrooms
- 2 slices cheese
- Lightly mix 6 ounces ground beef chuck with a big pinch of kosher salt.
- Form into a ball, then into a 3/4-inch-thick patty; make an indentation in the center.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat; sprinkle the skillet with salt.
- Cook the burger 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Cook 1 pound sliced mushrooms in butter until golden, then add 1 chopped garlic clove and 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce.
- Cook until crisp; add fresh parsley.
- Top burger with the mushrooms.