CERTIFIED SC RECIPE OF THE WEEK: MUSHROOM CHICKEN
January 29, 2020
- 2 large Certified SC chicken breasts cut in half lengthwise
- Flour for dredging
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter divided
- 12 ounces Certified SC mushrooms, sliced
- 1 dash Italian seasoning
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cut your chicken breasts in half lengthwise to make four thinner cutlets. Coat them in flour.
- Add the oil and 1 tablespoon of the butter to a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once the pan’s hot, add the chicken. Cook it for 4-5 minutes/side until golden. Once this step is done, take the chicken out of the pan and set it aside.
- Chop the mushrooms while cooking the chicken.
- Add the remaining butter to the pan. Let it melt, then add the mushrooms and Italian seasoning.
- Once the mushrooms start to release water, add the garlic to the pan. Continue cooking the mushrooms until all the water is cooked off.
- Take the mushrooms out of the pan.
- Add the chicken broth, lemon juice, and Dijon mustard to the pan. Give it a good stir until the mustard dissolves, and let it reduce for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the cream to the pan, along with the chicken and mushrooms. Let the chicken cook for another 5 minutes or so until it’s cooked through and the sauce has thickened a bit. Season with salt & pepper as needed.