CERTIFIED SC RECIPE OF THE WEEK: UNSTUFFED CABBAGE ROLL SOUP
January 29, 2020
- 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 pound Certified SC lean ground beef
- 1 pound chopped Certified SC cabbage (about 5 cups)
- 5 cups beef stock
- 1 cup riced cauliflower
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped Certified SC parsley
- Heat a 6 quart pot or dutch oven over medium to medium-high heat. Add olive oil and ground beef, cooking for a few minutes until browned, breaking it apart as it cooks.
- Add onions and carrots. Cook for a few minutes to soften, stirring frequently.
- Add tomatoes (including the liquid in the can), cabbage, beef stock, cauliflower, oregano, thyme, and salt. Stir everything together.
- Increase heat to bring to a simmer. Cover with a lid and decrease heat to maintain a simmer. Simmer for about 30 minutes or until cabbage is tender.
- Uncover and stir. Top with parsley and serve while hot.