Certified SC Recipe of the Week: Bok Choy and Mushroom Stir-Fry
March 4, 2020
- 1 pound Certified SC baby bok choy
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 Certified SC garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 5 ounces small Certified SC mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons Shaoxing rice wine
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/8 teaspoon each kosher salt and pepper
- Trim bases of bok choy and separate outer leaves from stalks, leaving the smallest inner leaves attached.
- Rinse and thoroughly dry bok choy in a salad spinner.
- Heat a wok or large frying pan (not nonstick) over medium-high heat until hot when you wave your hand over the bottom.
- Add vegetable oil, garlic, and ginger and stir once; then immediately add mushrooms and stir-fry until they just begin to brown, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add rice wine and cook 30 seconds. Add bok choy leaves and stalks and cook, tossing with tongs, until beginning to wilt, about 1 minute.
- Add soy sauce, sesame oil, salt, and pepper; cook, tossing often, until bok choy is tender-crisp, another 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.