Certified SC Recipe of the Week: Chicken in Green Onion Sauce
March 4, 2020
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 skinless and boneless Certified SC chicken breast halves
- 1 whole Certified SC green onion
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drop the butter on the skillet.
- When the butter is melted, add the chicken breast halves.
- Turn the heat to medium-low, cover and let simmer for about 10 minutes.
- While the chicken is simmering, chop the green onion. Use both the green and the white part.
- Turn over the chicken breast halves, cover and let simmer for another 10 minutes or until the juices run clear.
- Add the chopped green onion. Stir, and let the onion cook for 1–2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Add the salt and the sour cream. Mix well.
- Cover and let stand on the stove top for 5 minutes. Mix well before serving.