Certified SC Recipe of the Week: SWEET POTATO & KALE SALAD
March 4, 2020
- 1 medium sized sweet potato, peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- sea salt
- 1 large bunch of Certified SC kale
- 1/2 cup chopped Certified SC cilantro
- 1/2 cup Certified SC pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat your oven to 400°F/205°C.
- Add the diced sweet potato to a baking sheet. Drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil then sprinkle the cumin and cayenne over the top.
- Mix with your hands until the sweet potato is well coated. Sprinkle with salt and bake for 15-20 minutes or until potato is tender.
- Thinly slice the kale into ribbons and add to a large bowl.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil over the kale and massage the leaves with your fingers until the leaves become tender and soft.
- Add the chopped cilantro and toss to combine.
- Next, add the dressing ingredients to a small jar. Shake to mix and taste for more seasoning if desired.
- Transfer the sweet potato to the bowl of kale.
- Add the pecans and dried cranberries and drizzle with the tahini dressing.